Primary School Teacher – full time
We are looking to appoint a enthusiastic, motivated and committed qualified teacher (PO-CAO) to join our Team. The starting date for the contract is 22nd of August 2022.
Working at International Primary School Almere in The Netherlands entails joining a team who shares the following mission and vision:
We inspire a passion for learning and empower children to develop to their full potential.
As a team we create an enjoyable and motivating environment where everyone is able to learn. We share practices, learn from each other, have clear communication and high expectations. We believe that International Mindedness is central to our school. We celebrate this by learning about, respecting and understanding a broad variety of cultures. This is achieved through the guidance of teachers who are equipped with cultural knowledge and sensitivity. Our school community is passionate about learning and developing students’ talents.
• an innovative, creative and experienced primary school teacher who is passionate about learning
• able to contribute to a close school community and work as part of a dynamic and hardworking team
• flexible and open to new ideas
• knowledgeable and experienced in working with students with varied cultural backgrounds and varied educational needs
• a commitment to the school’s vision and mission
• a thorough knowledge of English ( Level C1/C2 level)
• primary school teaching qualifications recognized by ‘Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs (DUO)’' and a work permit recognized by the Dutch government (EU citizens exempt from working permit)
• experience with students who are non-native speakers of English
• experience in the Early Years Foundation Stage/working with young learners
• excellent knowledge and experience of different teaching and educational methodologies
• the ability and initiative in making changes to impact student learning
• excellent communication skills and ability to function well within a team
Please note that your teaching qualifications must be validated and recognised by the Dutch authorities before we can consider offering you employment. Please refer to 'Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs'.
Please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae with references to: Erin Wilson, Head of School: firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the large number of applications; should you not receive a reply within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
International Primary School Almere is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the learners in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to interviews, criminal record checks, and successful references.